Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oullie signs Water!

Oh, joy!! My 10 month-old just signed water!
I would strongly urge parents to try teaching their babies sign language. The book I used was: Sign With Your Baby. But it might be helpful for some parents to get a DVD.
They usually say that signing works best with the first baby. However in my case it didn't really work with my daughter. As soon as she signed for milk, she also said it. So I dropped signing and insisted on her talking.
I was actually very hesitant to sign with my son because I was worried my 3 year-old would regress. Turns out she's the best teacher around! She always emphasizes the sign that goes with the action/object we are giving her baby brother. So instead of having one teacher, he had two! :) And today we all celebrated that he signed for water. My hubby and daughter saw him do it first and when I ran into the room, he courteously repeated it for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment