Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cooking while the kids sleep

With a 3 year-old, cooking has become a late night adventure! After putting the kids to bed and making sure they are fast asleep, I waltz into the kitchen and commence to make lunch for the next day (or two).
A couple of weeks ago I was up till the weary hours of the night making Moughrabieh (Semolina Balls with Chicken). So I decided that day that from now on I will do things in phases. So now I prepare the chicken one night and then the next night I whip the whole thing together!
Now my hubby and I were in the kitchen making Kafta. And I mean just rolling the meat and 'frying' it. (I have to give him credit, he's doing the whole thing... I just did the dishes...) Then tomorrow night we'll make the potatoes and cook the whole thing. :)
It does actually make things easier. Especially since Mimi will never give me more than a few minutes in the kitchen before she's standing between me and the stove! Oh and now with Oullie crawling it's become even harder to be in the kitchen on my own without both my kids gravitating towards me.
Well, on this note I will end today's blog and turn in for the night. Sweet dreams, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment