Thursday, April 29, 2010

Good DVD Workouts

Ever since I moved to Kuwait I've become more and more addicted to DVD workouts. The gyms here do not offer aerobic classes that are of the caliber I was used to in Lebanon.
First I started with the prenatal workouts which my sister-in-law got me. The one I liked the most and did often was The Perfect Pregnancy Workout. She works out the entire body and ends it with a stamina builder that's perfect for childbirth. Karyne also has a post-natal workout, but I haven't done it so I can't comment on it.
However, the postnatal workout I did that had a great idea behind it but a horrible implementation was Fabulously Fit Moms: Total Body Workout. It's supposed to be done with a baby (which is fabulous)... but she does it with a medicine ball so you end up trying to guess what's the best way to hold your baby. That said, Mimi and enjoyed it at the beginning. By the time I was half way through the workout she'd be asleep! :D So in that sense it was fabulous. :)
But if you're a tae-bo kinda gal, the postnatal must-have is Billy Blanks: Postnatal Power Tae-bo Workout! I enjoyed every minute of it. :)
On our last trip to Beirut I found the most amazing DVD workout.. brace yourself, ladies and gents (because your man will enjoy this one too!).... Pussycat Dolls Workout! Now it's up to you if you'd allow your child to watch or do this routine with you, so I'm not going to go into that.
So there you have it, ladies, that's only 4 DVDs and your set from pregnancy and onwards to motherhood!
A fit mom is a happy mom. :) Remember that! So, go ahead and put on a nice top and some nice sweatpants and just dance around your living room. Whoever said you can't look nice while you're working out? And always remember to have a smile on your face. That will definitely make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment