Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Maternity Clothes... and Post-Natal for that matter :)

Gosh, when I was pregnant with Mimi there were only 2 stores that sold maternity clothes: MotherCare and then H&M. Both didn't offer a wide selection, but at least H&M's stuff was wearable. MotherCare even to this day (4 years later) still has the worst maternity line!
I remember I had to order all my maternity clothes online. My favorite store was Motherhood. They offered both casual and work clothes. Plus, they have a fabulous Nursing Clothes line. I actually bought a couple of nursing tops from their store in NYC when I was there last summer.
As my family and I were walking through the Avenues this afternoon I realized how many maternity stores there are now. Even Motherhood will be opening up soon! Oh joy! I just hope they will be as well priced as they were in NYC. But that's far-fetched, isn't it?! I mean, anyone who has ever walked into an H&M (even the one on Fifth Avenue!) would tell you that it's much better priced in the States. As a friend pointed out the other day, they just might be pricing "$1 to KD1"! ie a piece that would cost $3 (which is actually KD1) in the States is priced at KD3 here. Ridiculous! But I guess the enormous spending power of the few has totally skewed the market and all retailers are taking advantage of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment