Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Inconsiderate people!!

When I came home today, I found someone parked in my spot! The driver didn't have the decency to leave a phone number in the wind shield nor indicate what apartment s/he is visiting. So I honked a couple of times to now avail then called our doorman. He rang all the apartments on the intercom but no one claimed the car! The thing that ticked me off was that the inconsiderate offender hadn't gone in all the way into the parking spot, so I couldn't even park behind the car without leaving half my car hanging out in the street. But I wasn't going to take another neighbor's parking spot. So with the help of the doorman I got as close as I can get to the idiot's car. Note that by that time my kids and I had spent 15 mins in the car and I was pleading with my daughter not to fall asleep because I couldn't possibly carry both kids up to the apartment.
As I was unloading the kids, I told the doorman that I will be putting them down for their naps now and so no one is to ring me to move my car. He understood completely.
Half an hour later my next door neighbor knocks on my door and with broken English asks me to move my car because her friend wants to leave! There was no apology for her friend taking my parking spot!! As I was locking the door on my napping kids, my neighbor tells me that her friend managed to get her car out of the parking. So in total ticked off attitude I told my neighbor that I still needed to fix my car because half of it is out on the street and that I have to leave my kids at home alone because of her inconsiderate friend!
Inno, seriously!!! Why couldn't this friend have parked in their parking spot rather than mine?! When my friends come over I always tell them where to park so they don't take someone else's spot. Or I tell them to park across the building if both my hubby and I are home. Does it take too many brain cells to be considerate towards ones' neighbors???

No comments:

Post a Comment