Friday, June 19, 2009

Subway Adventures

Today will be the first day I take the subway on my own with my daughter. To say I'm anxious is an understatement. We've encountered some really 'interesting' people in the past three weeks that I'm only intrigued how much more 'interesting' people will get.
Previous encounters have included:
The "you watch your stroller" lady: who was going to bang Mimi's head with her huge bag and when I nicely tried to move it out of the way, she snapped, "you watch your stroller".
The I've-gotta-cut-you-off Old man: who cut infront of me while we were getting on the elevator to go up to the platform. Separating me from my daughter who's stroller was being pushed by my brother.
And the countless I'll-look-away-and-avoid-eye-contact-so-I-don't-have-to-give-you-my-seat people: who always look away, close their eyes, or sometimes bury their faces in what they're reading, so they don't 'see' the 8-month pregnant mother pushing a stroller on to the train.
So, today will be another adventure... I wonder what kind of people I will meet today!

1 comment:

  1. Yay i am the first to post a comment!
    Good luck with the BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete