Friday, June 19, 2009

Constantly Forgetful

So this pregnancy has brought with it an added dose of forgetfulness. The up side is that I'm forgetting arguments and discomforts even faster than I did before. But the down side is I'm actually forgetting things... material things!
Two weekends ago I was in Shelton celebrating a 25 year anniversary with my sister-in-law's family. What a wonderful weekend it was! Well, it wasn't until we had been back in NYC for 3 whole days that I realized I had forgotten my maternity hoodie at the party! Allow me to explain: I bought that hoodie online from Mimi Maternity (i.e. paid quite the penny for it)... and had it shipped to Kuwait (which is where I live.. ie adding to the cost). Plus it's the only maternity hoodie I have and it's white! So it goes with everything.
Luckily, my sister-in-law contacted her cousin immediately. And my hoodie was recovered. :) Yippppeeee. But I had a week of thinking it was gone.
The new addition to the forgetful-list is my Ipod Touch. I was at the Columbia bookstore a few days ago. Thinking I didn't have enough time to make it home and then back to the Columbia vicinity to pick my daughter from daycare, I decided to go into the Columbia bookstore and kill time by reading. After spending an hour and a half there, I reach for my phone and find a missed call and a text message from a frantic husband, who obviously had been trying to reach me for 2 hours. So I grab my stuff in a rush... race to the cashier... pay... and leave. As I'm walking out I realize that the cashier over charged me for a book, so I turn around and go back. Unfortunately, she realizes her mistake but instead of giving me cash, has to debit my credit card, which sucks since my credit card is in KDs and paying in a foreign currency means exchange rates! Anyway, moving along in my story... I walk out of the bookstore and head out to where there is better T-Mobile coverage so I can call my poor worried Hubby. I talk to him really fast, apologizing a gazillion times for not hearing my phone, and catching up on our day. Then I hang up, head over to my brother's office, drop off my purchases, and go back to sit on one of the outdoor benches at Columbia. When I finally found a bench in the sun, I reached for my phone, deciding to follow-up with the billing-lady at Columbia MC (where I'm going to give birth)... and then scrummage in my over-sized purse for my Ipod Touch which contains a list of the questions I want to ask her. But I scrummage to no avail. There was no Ipod! So I rush back to the Columbia bookstore. I asked three different employees before I got to someone who was helpful enough to look where I was sitting, ask other employees, go to the back room, and then come back to me with sullen look of no-it's-not-here. She was nice enough to take my name and number in case it turns up. How can something disappear within the frame of 20 mins?! It's been 3 days... and my fingers are still crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment