Friday, June 19, 2009

Considerate Neighbors

New York is an 'exciting' place to live. More so the Bronx! The flavorness of the residents here makes every night seem like something out of the movies. From the people hanging out in front of their buildings and talking loudly into the weary hours of the night... to the inconsiderate 3 am DJ!
One of my brother's neighbors is sooo oblivious of neighborly manners, it's a miracle! Can you imagine someone listening to music with bass that literally shakes the building? Well, if you can't, you should come visit us at 3 in the morning when this very considerate neighbor decides to play his/her music.
The other day one of the neighbors (not sure if it's the same one or not) had his/her computer volume so loud, I could hear it ding every time s/he got a new chat line! I understand that buildings here are made of wood and therefore the walls are paper-thin, but that was just ridiculous! I seriously contemplated trying to locate that neighbor, but I don't know the protocol on how to deal with such things here.
Oh, and the neighbor above rearranges the furnisher in the room right above where Mimi and I are sleeping every day at around 4 in the morning! I mean there's serious furnisher shuffling as if the room is transferred into a bedroom at night and then things are put away during the day. Again not sure of the protocol!
Don't get me wrong though, some neighbors are soooo nice, they make you want to hug them. Like the time a lady was walking out of the building as I was walking in with a million things because I overestimated my ability to carry. And she was so nice. She carried almost all my groceries all the way up to my brother's apartment (that's two flights of stairs!). How do you thank someone like that?
That's what I mean by a flavorful neighborhood. NYC what a city!!

No comments:

Post a Comment